Thursday, August 23, 2012

If Your Fingers Are Crossed, Just How Are You Supposed To Type?

So things have been looking up. Cold queries I emailed out MONTHS ago finally started coming back with overwhelming responses. Two partials were upped to fulls and on top of those, one of my I sent out three months ago caught the eye of Entangled Publishing enough for them to request a rewrite and resubmit. I should be getting editorial notes back from Entangled by Saturday and I can't wait to get started.

Those are just cold query responses. I'm not sure what the proper term is for queries which you send out to agents you've never met, but my days of helping out in political campaigns have tricked me into wanting to call them cold queries. Someone smack my wrist if that's wrong.

Requested material I sent out to agents I met at the PNWA conference has slowly been coming back, too. It is all a waiting game. A very, very exhausting waiting game. I'm shamelessly excited about the five fulls I have floating around right now while remaining quietly giddy over the x or so number of partials. Fingers crossed...or maybe I should uncross them and type more.

No comments:

Post a Comment